Events of Year 2017
"Mahamana Malaviya Centre for Holistic Development"
in Vananchal Region of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
A journey which started in 2007 by few alumni of Banaras Hindu University with a vision to give back something to the society that contributed a lot in shaping our lives has reached its major milestone with support from various section of our Society. With so many ups and downs we continued for 10 years where we established libraries in villages, provided skill enhancing trainings to farmers, women, youth ; making rural masses aware about health care; educating school going children of primary level through Ekal Vidyalaya etc. This year we organised our activities and developed an integrated program for holistic development of rural masses.
For the Holistic development of backward region of Vananchal area, we started our work in Naugarh and we are running our rural development programme under the supervision of academicians and experts from Banaras Hindu University and other intuitions. We organized different programmes in association with other developmental organizations.
Thematic areas and proposed intervention
1. Mahamana Malaviya Adarsh Vidyalaya: We propose to set-up and run as with the help of well-trained teachers, and building a Mahamana Malaviya Adarsh Vidyalaya to promote quality teaching in rural technology aided learning environment. We intend to establish these spaces as digital literacy centers especially for children and young people who do not have access to digital infrastructure, either because they are not available in their vicinity or are too costly to afford.
At present we are imparting primary education to around 150 children from downtrodden tribal families by our two education centre, getting support from Smart Vishwas Society, New Delhi
2. Mahamana Kaushal Vikas Programme : We initiated a programme called Mahamana Kaushal Vikas Kendra at the remote areas of Vanachal region, under which we run skills development and Vocational training programmes on tailoring & embroidery, beauty culture, and Computer Training (Digital literacy) which primarily focuses on young women from socially disadvantaged and economically poor families.
At present our Naugarh Centre is running this programme with full enthusiasm and now we aim to upgrade this center as training-cum-production center, with support from Smart Vishwas Society, New Delhi . Now more than 200 students from downtrodden tribal families of near by verous villages have completed our vocational training programme in tailoring. And around 60 students are enrolled for vocational training programme in tailoring and computer. school uniform of our 150 students, prepared by the trainees for the students of Mahamana Malaviya Adarsh Vidyalaya.
After getting support from Smart Vishwas Society, New Delhi, We have planned to make a group of 100 trainees who will be the part of our production team. We aim to develop a production unit which will towards entrepreneurial skills among the trainees. Along with this we have arranged free computer training classes for all our trainees.
Events of Year 2013
• Anti-Tobacco Awareness Camp and Seminar for school children in Krishi Vikas Kendra, Chanadauli technical support provided by State Tobacco Control Programme, Uttar Pradesh.
• Establishment of women SHG under the Scheme of District Rural Department in Chandauli.
• Relaunching of upgrade centre "Mahamana Kaushal Vikas Kendra" Baburi, Chandauli.
Events of Year 2012
• Organized a placement session to our Skill Development Center students, which resulted in 14 job offer letters. All of them joined ILFS Cluster, Relaxo Company, Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
• Participated in the "North Zone Co-operative Conference" in New Delhi organized by National Co-operative Union of India.
• Organized a "Krishi Sangoshthi evam Pradarshani" at Krishi Vikas Kendra, Chandauli in collaboration with district authority, BHU, IVRI, NDRI and other institutions.
Events of Year 2011
• Inauguration of "Mahamana Kaushal Vikas Kendra" in Baburi, Dist. Chandauli for skill development and training of rural mass.
• Organized a placement session to our Skill Development Center students, which resulted in 18 job offer letters. All of them joined ILFS Cluster, Relaxo Company, Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
• Organized a workshop on "Seed Production Programme for Paddy crops" in KVK Chanduali. The workshop has been chaired by former DG, ICAR, Prof. Panjab Singh where 10 farmers enrolled themselves in Seed Production Chain.
• Organized a Health Camp in Damdama Village near Gurgaon, Haryana in collaboration with Power Grid Corporation of India.
Events of Year 2010
• Inauguration of Village Knowledge Center in Kanta.
• Participation in Seminar on "Rural Development and Contemporary Issues" in Barkachha Campus organised by Faculty of Management, BHU.
• Participation in Kisan Mela in Institute of Agriculture Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
• Training for Leadership building programme through cooperatives, at Shahabganj block.
Events of Year 2009
• Inauguration of third Village Knowledge Center in Khakhara.
• Training Programme for Farmers on "Seed Production and farming of paddy crops" in
Institute of Agriculture Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
• Inaguration of fourth Village Knowledge Center in Ramamaro.
• Participation in "Jeevan Vidya Shivir" on "Philosophy of co-existence" held in Shahdol District Madhya Pradesh organized by eminent scholar and followers of Prof. Nagarjuna.
Events of Year 2008
• Health Awareness Programme for residents of Gazdhara village.
• Orientation Programme for Farmers on "Paddy Crops and other Kharif Fasal" at Masoi Centre chaired by Prof. Punjab Singh Vice Chancellor Banaras Hindu University.
• Training Programme for Farmers on "Seed Production and Food Processing" at Masoi Centre Chief Guest - Prof. Punjab Singh (Former DG ICAR, and VC BHU.). District Agriculture Officer and agricultural scientists from various institutions also participated.
• Participation in the 5th Convention of Grameen Gyan Abhiyan, organised by M.S.Swaminathan Research Foundation, New Delhi.
Inauguration of second Village Knowledge Center in Khilachi by Block Pramukh of Shahbganj, Chandauli.
Events of Year 2007
• Inauguration of our first Village Knowledge Center in Masoi by Prof. A.K.Joshi, BHU.
• Organised a Kisaan Mela in village, Masoi; which was inaugurated by Prof. Punjab Singh Vice Chancellor Banaras Hindu University in collaboration with Institute of Agricultural Sciences, BHU.
Conducted a Kisaan Gosthi in Chandauli regarding the agricultural practices and opportunities in the paddy production.